Sunday, April 16, 2017

Easter Sunday

Easter morning, what are you doing? Probably watching kids collect eggs filled with treasures, tossing that ham in the oven or sneaking it that 1 of 2 church visits this year.

Last night we got in our Easter Church service, it started with tears and ended with tears.
You see I've been a Christian for 29 years, for 29 years I've heard the Nicen Creed and I know it like the back of my hand. That's kinda a must as a christian along with the Lords Prayer.
But last night I heard the Nicen Creed, like really heard it. It wasn't like every other Sunday which you recite it because it's part of church, it was like holy heck this means something.



  For us and for our salvation
           he came down from heaven;
           he became incarnate by the Holy Spirit and the virgin Mary,
           and was made human.
           He was crucified for us under Pontius Pilate;
           he suffered and was buried.
           The third day he rose again, according to the Scriptures.
           He ascended to heaven
           and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
His kingdom will never end.
We look forward to the resurrection of the dead,
      and to life in the world to come. Amen.

You see to some this seems like nothing more than a simple prayer at the end of a church service, but to me last night it was reassurance that the physical living battle that was lost 3 months ago today was actual won.
You see 3 months ago today my Mother-In-Law got the good end of the deal, she got to go HOME. To that one guy who gave his life for hers, no matter how badly she could have screwed it up, he was taking her home.
That's the glory that I have recently found, I've spent my entire life in church but still I believed you had to be AMAZING to get past those Pearly Gates. Last night I was reminded that no, you don't have to be the one who's always at church, you don't have to be sinless, he actually prefers those who do sin. You just have to believe and give it all up to him. Give it to God. 
You see Satan is here, everywhere, places you don't expect. Picking stupid fights amongst those around you. He was always there when it came to things with my MIL, we were always in 2 different books and that's what happens when you bring two strong women together who loved the same man. He fought hard to get her but in the end she choose God.
She showed me that bad choices can still get you in if you choose God. 
She was no Saint and that is what I loved about her. She didn't hide her faults, her sins or wrongs. She owned them at times, and that's just what God wants from us, to know them and to come to him for help.
I find peace in the last year of her life in which we came together. I knew the lady 9 years and it was her final year that brought us closest. 
She is a woman I admire and will cherish for the rest of my life. 
A woman I will continue to tell my children about, the battles she faced and how she always how out winning.
A woman who faced more battles her last year of life than most people do in a lifetime.
The woman who taught me that tomorrow is a new day, which means what happened yesterday doesn't count today.
A woman who could find the humor in almost anything.
The woman who "cooked" the most amazing meals ever but I saw her cook only maybe 3 times...those stories will have to be told by my husband.
A woman who stood her ground even if she should've probably sat down and said nothing.
She was amazing, and that is that.
This lady who gave all she had to her kids. Packed them up and moved them cross country to give them a little bit better than what they had.

The lady who got to give her son the most amazing news of his life, that he was officially a dad...which I'm certain she never thought was going to happen.


This lady who loved her Grandbabies, even when they were with her 24/7.




To the lady who made sure she was always there to say goodbye and hello to her son.



























To the lady who may have regretted one marriage, but in the end it brought her 3 babies and 7 grandbabies.

To the lady who's marriage went sour but still keep close with her Mother-in-Law. 












To the lady who got to see the impossible, her son get married...you're welcome Diane.

















This Easter I am thanking God for time I got to spend with this woman. There were both good and bad times. Times in which I aggravated her and she aggravated me. Lessons learned from each other. Many conversations that started off fantastic and ended in politics. 
There is so much more I'd love to say but I think this is enough.
So thank you Jesus for getting up on that cross and giving your life for all of us, those who have openly sinned and those who still hide it. Thank you for accepting us and giving us a home when our time here on earth is done.


Diane,
Please stop by sometime and fix my Peppered Steak recipe and leave your fried chicken one.
Remind Tommy it's all his thyroids fault and to get it checked.
Remind Kristie that she's got this...for real she was raised by you, you had your quirks but you kinda were Super Woman.
We'll keep your memory alive for those grandbabies, that's a promise.
We'll keep a clean house and tons of books at hand...but if any parent needs to be punch in the face I'll leave that to Tommy.
We've got this down here, just be ready for us when it's our turn to see you again.
Much Love
April



































No comments:

Post a Comment